France Arrests Two Over Alleged Attack Plot in North
French anti-terror prosecutors said two suspects were arrested over an alleged attack plot in northern France targeting public venues.
France’s anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office announced the arrest of two individuals accused of planning an attack and promoting jihadist propaganda. Reuters reported on Saturday that a planned assault in northern France had been foiled.
The suspects were allegedly preparing to target either a shopping mall or a concert venue, according to prosecutors. Authorities intervened before the plan could be carried out.
Prosecutors said one of the detainees is a 16-year-old teenager who had been seeking and sharing jihadist propaganda. The identities of the two suspects have not been disclosed.
Investigations are ongoing as security officials assess the scope of the plot and examine potential links to extremist networks.
France has faced repeated security threats in recent years and remains under heightened alert following a series of extremist attacks that prompted tougher counterterrorism laws.
Earlier in 2025, French authorities arrested several other suspects in separate cases linked to alleged terrorist activities, reflecting persistent concerns over radicalization.
Officials said the latest arrests highlight ongoing vigilance by French security services in preventing potential attacks and safeguarding public spaces.
The post France Arrests Two Over Alleged Attack Plot in North appeared first on Khaama Press.
